A lot of remedies are available for brown spots. However, before you apply any of its known cures, it is highly important for you to know the brown spots causes, treatment, and removal methods.
Causes of Brown Spots on Body
There are several reasons why brown spots suddenly appear on your body. Some of the causes for the brown spots on the skin include:
- Excessive and prolonged exposure to sunlight results to production of melanin making exposed body areas form flat patches and painless lesions. Most dark and brown spots appear on the neck and face as they are more exposed to sunlight.
- Natural aging process.
- Dark spots or liver spots, as others refer to them can also be a result of small lesions left after constant shaving on a specific area such as armpits, chin and mustache area.
- Physiological deficiencies
Home Remedies and Natural Treatment for Brown Spots Removal
Before taking any treatment for brown spots or steps to remove your dark spots, consult your dermatologist first to advice you on the proper management of brown areas. If a dermatologist is not available, you can try applying these simple home treatments. They are proven safe and effective and most of them doesn’t cause as much as commercial whitening creams.The following are home remedies you can apply:
- Get a piece of garlic and cut it into two. Pinch the garlic to allow its juice to ooze out and gently rub the juice to the darkened area. Garlic has anti-inflammatory and whitening components known to lighten dark and brown areas.
- Mix a paste of tomato and fresh lime juice. Apply the solution to your freckled skin and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Apply the paste twice every day till the freckles lighten.
- Avoid alcohol based shaving creams and lotions as this causes the darkening of small abrasions that are inevitably incurred during shaving. Prefer creams over lotions since creams contains less or no alcohol at all.
- Vitamin E is known for its natural lightening properties and can effectively remove brown spots on the skin. Get a capsule of vitamin E and apply it on the affected skin area. You can also take the capsule orally.
- Boil a few leaves of basil in water and you can add rose water in the solution. Let it cool down and apply the water on the darkened skin parts.