Question: How do I boost sperm count and motility?
Answer: Sperm production in man begins when he attains puberty. And the process continues in a healthy man until the end of his life. Practically a man can impregnate a woman no sooner he reaches the age of puberty. Normally, the number of sperms is presumed to be highest in a man between the ages of 20 to 30.
There are several factors that may temporarily reduce sperm count in men. This may include the time interval between two ejaculations, stress, fever, raised temperature around testicles, and diseases of men’s reproductive organs such as sexually transmitted diseases, varicocele, traumatic injury, smoking etc.
How To Increase Sperm Count Naturally?
There are several natural ways to boost the sperm count and its motility.
- The normal sperm count falls when the temperature of the testicles is higher than normal. In order to promote a good environment for the sperms to grow, avoid wearing tight pants, tight undergarments. Avoid taking hot water showers or working in a hot place like a bakery. Instead bath the testicles with cold water and wear loose clothing at home to promote increase in sperm count.
- Overweight individuals are prone to have problems with the sperm count due to hormonal imbalance and increased local temperature.
- Illicit drugs, tobacco and alcohol have detrimental effect on the sperm count. It is best to avoid these stimulants.
- Stress tends to have a detrimental effect on the health. Meditation and Yoga will aid in reducing stress and enhance the sperm count. Herbal oil massage also works towards enhancing the overall blood circulation in the body and increases libido. It also works towards strengthening the muscles and increasing energy levels.
- A well balanced diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables and dry fruits will enhance overall nutrition levels and fight deficiencies. Ensure adequate intake of water on daily basis.
Diet To Boost Sperm Count And Motility
Several foods are known to increase the sperm count.
- Oysters: Oysters and crabs are rich in zinc. Often deficiency of zinc reduces motility and number of sperms. It also causes loss of libido. Thus to enhance the sex drive and increase sperm count and motility, eating oysters may prove an effective natural food.
- Walnuts: Walnuts contain a substance known as argenine. It is a natural substance which helps in production of healthy sperms. It also increases semen volume and its quality. The omega 3 fatty acids present in walnut increases blood flow in penile arteries and thus helps in better erection.
- Broccoli is a vegetable which contains abundant amount of vitamin C. It is also a storehouse of Zinc. Both have beneficial properties for improving sperm quality and its count. Eat broccoli in your daily food.
- Eggs contain mineral called selenium. Selenium has properties to increase level of sex drive. It also plays an important role in increasing level of testosterone which is useful in production of sperms and its quality.
- Garlic contains a substance called allicin. This substance prevents formation of plaques in arteries. Selenium present in garlic helps the production of sperms and also prevents damage of sperms.