Acupuncture is a therapy that belongs to Oriental Medicine. It involves a coherent procedure of healing that evolved from philosophies that were in accordance with the principles done by Oriental thinking. The history of acupuncture dates back many centuries ago already, and it is now in the mainstream. Being included in most insurance plans today is one significant indicator of the success and effectivity of acupuncture therapy. The acupuncture cost of the treatment seems very minimal as compared to resorting to alternative medicines, but it is equally effective. Although not all diseases or sickness can be totally treated by acupuncture alone, it works best when you do parallel treatments where the results are much better.
Acupuncture Points for Infertility
- Husbands and wives attempting to get pregnant but not having any success can try a new alternative method, the use of laser acupuncture. The therapy has been researched and studied for several years and is now being offered as an alternative for couples experiencing unsuccessful pregnancy.
- Acupuncture and fertility treatment may not sound right together but it has actually been done in ancient Chinese. Now, the revolution of laser therapy combined with acupuncture delivers successful fertility rates for couples.
- Laser acupuncture for infertility is similar to that of Chinese acupuncture without the use of a needle.
- Laser acupuncture makes use of cold laser or LLLT (low level laser therapy) to help trigger energy points in the body.
Is Acupuncture Effective For Infertility?
- Acupuncture does not aim to treat any diseases or abnormalities in the body that is causing infertility. It works by shifting the inner energy of the patient’s body to make it work or function much more effectively.
- Laser acupuncture aims to help the body function a lot better in terms of fertilization in order to successfully hold the baby throughout pregnancy.
Fertility Acupressure Points
- Following ancient Chinese medicine, the body has different energy points.
- These energy points are connected to certain organs or certain functions in the body.
- By triggering these energy points, the organ is enabled to function more effectively.
- This is the principle observed in laser acupuncture. Fertility points are triggered in order to help the egg accept the sperm and to carry on fertilization and eventually pregnancy.
- Acupuncture to help with fertility is done on the day of the procedure.
- Acupuncture has been studied to work on procedures such as IVF, ICSI, and FET transfer.
How Effective and Successful Acupuncture Is In Getting Pregnant
- With the success rate of modern treatments being of acupuncture in trying to conceive is just marvellous. Acupuncture in getting pregnant is fast gaining acceptance not as an alternative procedure but as a complementary therapy along with other fertility procedures such as in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Studies show a significant increase in the pregnancy’s rate where in vitro fertilization and acupuncture are done together. With the success of IVF, the rate of success of embryo transfers with the help of acupuncture is likewise increased. Thanks to the wonderful powers of acupuncture, infertility has found a new solution.
- Science cannot exactly explain how the therapy of acupuncture and infertility is being worked at. But it has been a long time belief that it has a lot to do with the qi concept. According to the Western medicine, the explanation rests in the brain chemistry.
- While acupuncture increases the body’s production of endorphins, it means that the body is abounding of the natural “feel good” chemicals in the brain, which plays a very significant role in the egg production, menstrual cycle, and in ovulation, as well. It has also been found out that acupuncture helps luteal phase defect in women. It increases the blood flow that may cause the lining of the uterus to become much stronger, enough to sustain the weight of an implanted embryo.