A person often expresses his views and feelings through facial expressions without speaking a word. Facial expression is one of the modes of communication. Frowning is one of the facial expressions where the eyebrows come close together with wrinkles on the forehead.
A person usually frowns to indicate his displeasure, worry or confusion. Frowning is quiet common when you are awake and everyone knows it, however if you ask anyone whether he frowns while sleeping the answer to this will be negative or he may feel it strange because he is asleep during that time.
Frowning during sleep in not uncommon and many people do frown when they are asleep. It may not be possible for a person to know as he is asleep, but his partner can see him frowning. Frowning during sleep is not something serious but it may make a person’s natural frown lines more noticeable.
How Not To Frown While Sleeping?
It is a bit difficult for a person to prevent and control facial expressions when he is asleep. However, there are several ways that may help to stop frowning while sleeping.
- Before falling asleep while you are on the bed, lie on your back with your face facing towards the ceiling.
- Massage your forehead and face regularly to prevent frowning. You can massage during the day and especially before going to sleep. You can use any type of massage oil. Olive oil and coconut oil are best suited as they are rich in vitamin E. This vitamin is a skin friendly vitamin and experts recommend it to prevent creases on the face.
- Sleep in a room without bright light. Some people have the habit of switching on the night lamp in their bedroom. Try to sleep in the dark.
- Keep your eyes closed and face relaxed when you lie down. Avoid thinking about anything. This means your mind is completely blank. In the beginning, this might be difficult to practice but gradually you may be able to do so in a few days. Another idea is to think about places you have visited, people you have met, and activities that make you happy. The idea is to think about things that do not cause worry or sadness. It is a type of meditation.
- Always be happy and avoid frowning even during daytime. During daytime, wear sunglasses when you are out in the sun. If you have refractory error, you should wear glasses all the time even when you are working at a computer screen.
- There are a number of patches available to be used at night while sleeping. These patches and tapes prevent involuntary frowning during night time. These patches help the skin of the forehead to remain stretched and thus prevent frowning.