A wheezing sound could mean that the person is having difficulty in breathing. It is heard as a soaring whistling sound most evident when exhaling or breathing out. This is what happens when the air flows from the narrow breathing tubes or bronchial tubes.
Wheezing can also happen when there is blockage in the large airways and when a person is having problems in the vocal cords. There can be many causes of wheezing in lungs, amongst the common wheezing causes include:
- Allergic reactions.
- In cases where there is a foreign object that have been breathe into the lungs.
Home Remedies To Get Relief From Wheezing
It is the person suffering from wheezing in lungs or if in cases of infant wheezing, the parents or adults, who would know if the patient needs to see a doctor or can be managed at home only. If the choice is to stay at home, just make sure that all the medications are properly taken, including:
- The use of respiratory inhalers.
- Choosing a moist area to rest.
- Sitting or relaxing in a place where there is heated air such as in a hot shower.
- The use of vaporizer.
Precaution for Wheezing In Lungs
You need to watch out for some wheezing symptoms that cannot be managed at home.Call or visit the doctor if the following are true:
- Wheezing is experienced for the first time.
- Severe wheezing with shortness of breath.
- Bluish skin is observed.
- There is mental status changes or confusion.
- Wheezing is recurring without explanation.
- Wheezing after an allergic reaction to medication or a bite.
How To Treat Wheezing Naturally?
Wheezing is an indication that the lungs lack oxygen usually when there is asthma attack and in some cases when in a stressful condition or in a panic attack. Taking in short shallow breathes will lead to the contraction and collapse of the lungs. Some initial relief would include the following:
- To take deep breathes. Breathing exercises done regularly for at least thirty minutes in the morning will help toughen the lungs and prevent further attacks.
- To cough it away because sometimes when wheezing is due to some colds or viral infection, coughing helps to clear the mucus.
- Drinking caffeinated coffee or some cola can ease the wheezing.
- Not to indulge in exhausting activity.
- To stay inside an air-conditioned room if wheezing is a result of allergy. Pollen, molds, and mites can worsen the problem, and it is best to have a dehumidifier in the homes.