I have been sick for 7 days; I have been to the doctor and was prescribed amoxicillin. Though the medication has helped me to feel better, my throat is covered in pus. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to remove the pus. I was diagnosed with strep throat.
As you have been diagnosed for streptococcal infection of the throat, it is necessary to be reviewed by an ENT specialist. Because some times streptococcal infection can infect other vital organs like heart valves.
Cure Pus in Throat
Meanwhile some of the home remedies which you can try for your sore throat are:
- Bishops weed: It is valuable in treating sore throat, an infusion of the seeds mixed with common salt is used for gargling
- Fenugreek seeds: Take 2 tsp of fenugreek seeds and mix it 1 liter of water. Allow it to simmer on a low flame for 15 to 20 minutes. Let the mixture get cooled. After straining the mixture use it for gargling.
- Sage leaves are boiled in water, after the water gets cool, add little vinegar and honey. Use this mixture for gargling. It is very effective in sore throat.
- Liquorice is another home remedy very well used in treating sore throat. A small piece of liquorice should be chewed or sucked for treating this condition.
- Holy basil leaves have been found beneficial in treating this condition. Boil water containing holy basil leaves; let it get cool, use this water for gargling and it can also be used as a drink in relieving the complaints of sore throat.
- Eat healthy food containing all the nutrients it will boost your body resistance power.