Home Remedies for Phlegm in Throat
The causes of phlegm in throat all the time include:
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Allergic reaction to certain stimulants such as pole, dust, and other pollutants
- Throat conditions such as strep throat and tonsillitis
- Throat disorder such as deviated septum
- Taking of birth control pills
- Eating or drinking cold food and beverages while having cough or cold
Phlegm in Throat Treatment
The following are phlegm in throat cure:
- Put hot water on a basin then add 3 drops of eucalyptus oil to it, directly on the basin then inhale the fumes to expectorate thick mucus. You can also drape a towel over your head to trap in steam.
- Peel off a few cloves of raw garlic and chew it all through the day.
- Get lots of vitamin C by squeezing some drops of lemon juice to a glass of orange juice. Mix well then drink it up to boost your immune system.
- Drink hot herbal tea with a teaspoon of lemon and honey.
- You can also crush 2-3 garlic cloves and boil them in a cup of milk over low fire. Let it simmer until the milk is only 1/3 of the cup. Drink the milk before retiring to bed.
- Drink a glassful of warm water with a tablespoon of honey before bedtime.
- Add a little water and honey to ginger, carnation and cinnamon in order to make a paste and ingest it.