Question: I woke up in the morning and experienced bleeding from the nose which continued for two days and then it stopped. But on the third day bleeding again started. I’d been on hypertension drugs since 2002 and stopped it till the bleeding incidence stopped. What must I do for permanent nose bleeding treatment?
How To Stop Bleeding From Nose?
Epistaxis is very common and affects almost everyone. Usually it is a result to trauma and association with hypertension is controversial. Epistaxis is not proportional to the severity of hypertension and should not be associated with it without thorough investigation.
Epistaxis is rarely fatal and some simple measures to control and treat nose bleed are:
- Remain calm.
- Sit upright and leaning forward.
- Squeeze the bottom of the nose for 5 to 10 minutes to stop bleeding. In the meantime breathe through the mouth and spit out any blood or saliva.
- Use ice packs on the outer part of the nose to reduce bleeding.
- Ask someone to monitor your pulse and blood pressure.
If there is excessive bleeding call for medical help
Home Remedies For Prevention Of Epistaxis
Use of homeopathic medicines like, ‘œSepia officinalis-mother tincture’ and ‘œPhosphorous 30′ are helpful.It can be taken after consultation with homeopathic doctor.
This will prevent future incidences of epistaxis and also help in controlling your hypertension.
Some simple precautions to cure bleeding nose that you can take are:
- Avoid blowing the nose too hard.
- Avoid straining while passing stools or lift anything heavy.
- Stop smoking.
- Keep the inner lining of the nose moist by applying petroleum jelly.
- Avoid picking the nose.