Causes, Treatments for Throat Infection:
Throat infection has a whole group of offenders. Both the bacteria and viruses can attack various parts of the throat. This can produce a surprisingly wide variety of infections. You can treat some throat infections which accompany common cold at home itself.
Here are some of the conditions that can produce throat infection- pharyngitis, laryngitis, streptococcal throat infection caused by streptococcal bacteria and tonsillitis.
In laryngitis causative factor is for throat infection is cold. Most common cause for throat infection can be some irritant such as e.
Some people who are at risk of chronic throat infection and inflammation are lecturers, singers, too much smoking or those who have to work in environment which is dusty and unhealthy.
Preventing Throat Infection:
- Voice rest is advised. Things to be stopped completely are tobacco smoke and alcohol consumption.
- Things to be avoided as they may irritate the throat are spices and pickles, buttermilk and curd and cold drink in any form etc.
- Give yourself as much rest and comfort as possible to prevent throat infection. Drink lots of fluids. Hot water gargles are advisable. One can take lozenges for soothing the throat and relieving pain if any.
- Drink plenty of fluids- fruits and vegetables juices and lots of water.
Home Remedies for Throat Infection:
- Sucking on a whole clove can quiet throat irritation and helps in removing throat infection.
- One cup of hot milk is taken and to it some black pepper powder is added. Allow it to become warm and take these two times daily. One can add sugar for taste if required.
- Take a teaspoon of honey and to add freshly extracted juice from holy basil leaves approximately half teaspoon of it. Mix it thoroughly. It should be consumed three or four times daily.
- Salt water gargles are very useful in relieving throat pain. This can be done as many times in a day as you want. Preparation for the water can be made by adding half teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm water. The preparation usually helps throat inflammation relieving.
- Garlic is a powerful remedy for sore throat. It is both anti-viral and anti-bacterial. Make a tea and gargle with it.
- Add 5-7teaspoon of licorice root pieces or powder to 3 cups of water. Boil it and let it simmer until half of it remains. Drink this 3-4 times in a day till symptoms subside.