Nose Block Remedy:
Nose block is present when there is swelling in the nasal passage. This causes congestion in nasal passage and mucus secretion is also increased. When a person drinks enough water the nose may run. One should drink enough water to keep himself hydrated as this water helps in keeping the nasal discharge watery and avoids stuffing of nose due to less amount of water. Breathing becomes difficult due to stuffing of nostril. Common cold is usually accompanied by this condition.
Other cause of nasal block is nasal polyps. Nasal polyps are always non-cancerous.
Preventing Nose Block:
- Food rich in vitamins should be eaten during this condition. Usually fruits are rich source of vitamins and minerals and they also help in hydration of the body, so they should be taken in abundance.
- Rest is very important remedy for this condition along with nutritious diet.
- Avoid meat, dairy products, coffee and heavy protein diet.
- Eliminate your food allergies. They may cause chronic swelling of the nasal lining and develop polyps.
- Do not tell your child to blow the nose. Nasal lining is usually destroyed by over use of nasal decongestants and use of this should be completely avoided.
Home Remedies for Nasal Block:
- Nasal ointment can be prepared with one part of oil of spearmint and oil of peppermint in sufficient amount of Vaseline and apply in the nose with a paintbrush.
- Mix two parts of witch hazel, one part of wild cherry bark and one part of white oak bark. Mix it well. Sniff the powder up the nose. This will give relief from nose block. If all are not available witch hazel alone can be used.
- Eucalyptus is another very good home remedy for nasal blockage. Eucalyptus oil is an old-fashioned treatment where two to three drops of it are put in each nostril.
- Nasal steam inhalation for 5-10min gives good nose blockage relief. A few drops of camphor or menthol can be added to the water before inhalation. Do this twice a day.
- Juice of onion is extracted and honey is added to taste. This is very helpful in case of nose block due to rhinitis. Same can be done with 3-4 garlic cloves juice extract. It is anti-bacterial and analgesic.