What Is Dust Pneumonia?
Dust pneumonia is the excessive and repeated inhalation of foreign particles such as dust storms, air pollutants, toxins, and noxious gases into the lungs. It is also called chemical pneumonia where the alveoli of the lungs get irritated and can also lead to pneumonia.
Symptoms of Dust Pneumonia
The following are dust pneumonia symptoms:
- Chest pain
- High fever
- Shortness of breath
- Flu-like symptoms
- Breathing difficulties that include pain
- Frequent breathing
Dust Pneumonia Symptoms
- Inflammation of the external lungs
- Burning sensation in the eyes, lips, nose and throat
- Wet cough with clear, yellowish and greenish mucus
- Dry cough
- Cough with blood or pinkish matter
- Disorientation is also one of the dust pneumonia symptoms
Treatment For Dust Pneumonia
- Injection of intravenous or IV fluids
- The use of oxygen tube or mask for aided breathing
- Ingesting of prescribed drugs to open breathing tubes that can ultimately result to an easier breathing.
- Oral anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral antibiotics
Home Remedies For Dust Pneumonia
- Get away from the source of irritants and grab a lot of fresh air outside the vicinity. Change your clothes immediately and have a quick shower to totally get rid of the chemicals from your body.
- Identify the source of irritants or contaminants and contain it.
Be sure to store chemicals and other hazardous materials in proper storage, and always keep these things away from children’s reach.