Question: I’m 12 weeks pregnant having sore throats all time. From last 8 weeks throat is swollen at front of neck like a lump going up and down. I also feel lethargic all the time with constant aches and pains in legs and shoulders.
Sore throat occurs when a person has a cold or an attack of influenza. The sore throat is accompanied by hoarseness, pain and burning in the throat, body ache, fatigue and fever. The lymph nodes along the sides and front of the neck get swollen and tender.
Causes of Sore Throat: A bacterial or viral infection.
Treatment for Sore Throat
- Quick treatment and cure for sore throat is essential, especially when you’re pregnant. The symptoms should not be allowed to prolong.
- Gulp down 1 tablespoon of honey on waking and 1 on retiring. Honey soothes the throat, relieving the pain and hoarseness.
- Avoid hard foods which will aggravate the trouble.
- Stay away from cold foods, sour foods and pungent foods, since they further irritate the throat.
- Caraway seeds are invaluable in the treatment of sore throat. An infusion of the seeds mixed with common salt should be used as a gargle. The result is instantaneous.
- Pound pepper and cinnamon coarsely. Mix this with honey and swallow. This preparation eases pain and infection.
- Leaves of the holy basil should be boiled in water. This liquid should be used as a gargle or as a drink.
Drosera, a homoeopathy remedy should be taken every 1/2 an hour. It will reduce the pain and hoarseness in the throat, diminish the inflammation of the surrounding lymph nodes and prevent the occurrence of cough.
- It is also essential that you eat well and eat right, to step-up your immunity.