Pus and Spots on Tonsils Treatments:
When an individual suffers from this condition such as pus and spots in their tonsils, you first have to assess the severity of your condition before you opt for home treatment regimen. If you have observed these following signs and symptoms at present, it is best advised that you seek medical help.
- High grade fever for more than 24 hours
- Difficulty breathing
- Much more frequent swallowing
- Spots have spread all over your oral cavity
If you have experienced any of these, seek medical attention for it might be caused by other underlying condition
Causes of Tonsillitis Spots and Pus:
There are several causes and factors that trigger pus and spots to happen.Here are a few of them:
- Tonsillitis. Inflamed tonsils that are persistent for more than a week are likely to have pus and spots.
- If you have an underlying oral disease – condition in your oral cavity.
- Poor oral hygiene
- Eating too much sweets and not drinking water afterwards can usually result to tonsillitis, and could complicate things if left untreated. If there is an irritation due to the tonsillitis, there would be a means of entry for bacteria to enter in your tonsils, thus resulting to the inflammation and pus formation.
Home Remedies for Tonsils Spots and Pus:
The things you can do at home to treat and to relieve yourself from the discomfort of tonsillitis can include these following:
- Prepare a glass of water, mix 2 tablespoon full of salt. Mix it well. It works best if you use lukewarm water because it will relieve the irritation. Gargle this solution first thing in the morning, before you go to sleep, and after you brush your teeth every after meals.
- You can also use an antiseptic gargle available in stores and use this as a means to alleviate and lessen the severity of your symptoms.
- Avoid eating too many sweets.
- Eat healthy and nutritious food.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Get some good rest and avoid stress.
- It is usually a good remedy to use a mixture of honey and pure lemon juice, and slowly sip the solution little by little. It usually helps and relieves your throat.