A chemical pregnancy is a pregnancy that is terminated before the implantation occurs. Therefore, most of time, the woman does not even know that she was pregnant as her period will often begin as scheduled. So, how does one identify a chemical pregnancy, anyway?
- A chemical pregnancy is terminated even before the fertilized embryo has a chance to implant in the uterus. Thus, not too many women will know that they just had a chemical pregnancy. So, no post-miscarriage care is required in most cases. Still, it is good to identify the symptoms of chemical pregnancy.
Signs of Chemical Pregnancy Symptoms
- Most of the time, there are no apparent symptoms that a pregnancy has occurred. Most of the time, the only way a woman will know that she had a chemical pregnancy is when she takes a pregnancy test and it comes out positive.
- Most women will not show any pregnancy symptom at all though some could actually experience morning sickness, fatigue, breast tenderness, and other pregnancy symptoms.
What is a Chemical Pregnancy Symptoms
- Sometimes, bleeding could occur that is heavier than the usual period. This could be accompanied by intense cramping.
- At times, it is also possible that spotting will occur days before the period begins. This is not to be taken as implantation bleeding but more of a sign that the miscarriage is about to begin.
Chemical Pregnancy Causes
Possible causes of chemical pregnancy are:
- Uterine abnormalities that make implantation difficult.
- Hormonal deficiencies.
- Chromosomal abnormalities in the baby.
Chemical Pregnancy Prevention
- To prevent chemical pregnancy from happening again, the woman should take vitamin supplements, eat a balanced diet, and start doing regular exercises.