I have 10 weeks of pregnancy and I don’t know what I should eat in my daily routine. Tell me what I should eat during third month?
You are reaching the third month of pregnancy; the growth requirement of both of you is increased. Do you have morning sickness? It usually becomes less after 10 to 11 weeks of pregnancy.
Food during Third Pregnancy Month
The food you should consume in this period are:
- As the calcium requirements has increased, food rich in calcium should be consumed. Dairy foods such milk, cheese, yogurt, cream soups, pudding are the best source of calcium.
- Proteins can be available in meat, fish, eggs dairy products, and beans.
- Fats in form of butter, dairy products, margarine, nuts. Should be consumed.
- Carbohydrates present in rice, whole grain, potatoes, corn should be consumed.
- Folic acid is very important vitamin needed in this period; it can prevent congenital malformation like cleft palate, spina bifida. Fruits, green vegetables, orange juice, lentils, peas and rice, are natural source of folic acid.
- Iron rich food like broccoli, spinach, strawberry, and wholemeal bread can be consumed if there is low hemoglobin.
- Vitamin C helps iron absorption, fruits rich in vitamin C are oranges, strawberries, grape fruit, and vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli should be taken.
- It is necessary to eat small meals frequently, rather than large meals at a distant interval.
Some of the things you should know when you are indisposed with nausea, diarrhea, heartburn, constipation during this period as it very common.
- Nausea: Eat pretzels, crackers, bread crumbs, cereals, when you feel the nauseatic sensation.
- Heartburn can be better by drinking milk, do no drink caffeinated colas, restrict your tea intake.
- Diarrhea can be controlled by eating oatmeal, white rice.
- Constipation can be tackled by eating fiber diet, green leafy vegetables, and plenty of water.