Stabbing Pain in Breast During Pregnancy and While Breastfeeding
Breast pain during pregnancy is one of the earliest signs of being heavy with a baby. But some women may report the pain from time to time even when not pregnant.
Causes of Stabbing Pain in Breast
What causes stabbing pain in breast pregnancy and while breastfeeding? This usually involves hormone-related causes and other causes such as the following.
- Fibrocystic breast changes. They involve the formation of cysts that becomes swollen in the breast tissue.
- Hormonal imbalance. Different hormones dominate in different stages of pregnancy.
- Breast milk production. Expectant mothers may note a milky discharge in their breast nipple.
- Heart problem. Characterized as stabbing, aching, and dull, this pain is a classic sign of heart attack.
Burning Pain in Breast Symptoms
Other associated symptoms are:
- Milky discharge
- Inflammation of the breast
- Pain radiating to other parts of the body
Sharp Stabbing Pain in Breast Treatment
Stabbing pain in breast pregnancy and while breastfeeding home remedies and treatment includes the following:
- Apply warm compress to the affected breast for 15 to 20 minutes or depending on how much of the warmth you can tolerate.
- You can also try cold compresses. This will help reduce the swelling.
- Wear comfortable bra to supports your breast.
- Take calcium supplements each day or as advised by your doctor.
- Take soy products to help relieve the pain.