Vomiting and Diarrhea during Pregnancy
The cause of diarrhea and vomiting women would be related due to a number of factors. Below is a list of possible factors that might have lead to such circumstances to arise:
- Vomiting could be caused due to hormonal changes. It usually is present during the early stages of pregnancy, known as the first trimester or the first three months of pregnancy. This is due to the increase of hCg level in the bloodstream that makes the woman nauseated and thus vomiting.
- Diarrhea can also be caused by the increase and fluctuation of the hormones a pregnant woman would experience.
- It can also be caused by other factors such as indigestion and eating soiled food.
- Indigestion usually would occur because as the uterus begins to enlarge, there is distention of the stomach causing poor digestive process, hence, indigestion.
- Eating soiled food if one would accidentally eat soiled food, the body would normally react by either vomiting or severe diarrhea.
Home Remedies for Vomiting and Diarrhea during Pregnancy
Bear in mind that pregnant women are not allowed to take any medications without the prior notice of their obstetric-gynecologist. This is because some medications may have an effect on the growing fetus.Here are a few things, however, that you can do to treat and to alleviate the discomfort:
- Oral rehydration is the main goal of any individual who suffers from vomiting and diarrhea. The loss of electrolytes and consistent diarrhea and vomiting would cause metabolic acidosis and metabolic alkalosis. If such condition is not corrected, it might lead to further complications.
- Allow the woman to take dry crackers before rising up in the morning.
- Advise the woman not to eat fatty and oily food to lessen the episode of indigestion.
- Avoid drinking too much water on an empty stomach. Drinking too much water will cause a bloated stomach.
- Allow the pregnant woman to relax and to eat foods that she can tolerate.
Preventing Vomiting and Diarrhea During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, as much as possible, the woman has to make sure that she doesn’t get any diseases and illnesses during her pregnancy cycle. This ensures that she and the baby will not suffer from any complications from any of these diseases. To prevent such problems from happening, one may do the following:
- Watch what you eat.
- Adjust your body to foods that you can just tolerate.
- Eat dry crackers before getting up in the morning.
- Observe proper hygiene at all times.
- Avoid getting stressed.