I have pain in my neck, back and in my both legs also I cannot walk for more than ten minutes I cannot work properly last 7 years after I gave birth to my daughter.
There are several causes to pain in joints, neck, back and hips after delivery.
- Firstly, after delivery, the hormonal changes in the body cause various ligaments and muscles to relax which results in pain and inability to do work.
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue syndrome (CFS) also causes body pain after delivery. The symptoms include body ache, disturbed sleep, headache, dizziness, abdominal and pelvic pain, tingling numbness in extremities, etc.
- Clinical evidence has suggested that women suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis, show symptomatic relief during pregnancy which often returns back after delivery.
- As many as 10 % women suffer from thyroid disorder after pregnancy, which is also attributed to body pain
- Deficiency of Vitamin D or Calcium can also manifest in this form, which is enhanced especially after a delivery
Management of Chronic Joint Pain:
- Diet rich in calcium is recommended. Include green leafy vegetables, eggs, soy, milk and milk products in your diet. Calcium and Vitamin D supplements will also help
- Stretching and muscle strengthening exercises will prove highly beneficial. Do simple exercises as stretches, crunches, side swings, etc.
- Physiotherapy will be beneficial in the form of electrical stimulation, ultrasound,etc
- Hot fomentation should also prove beneficial