Self treatment should be attempted (for problems after birth) only if professional advice is not available. However consult an experienced homeopath as soon as possible. Seek medical help immediately in case of severe pain, fever or bleeding.
The below mentioned remedies help reduce pain and speeds with the healing process post delivery.
Homeopathic Remedies For After Birth Problems
- Arnica 200: Two standard doses, the first one should be administered three hours after the birth, the second twelve hours later. Also after forced birth, vacuum procedure or a torn perineum.
- Bellis perennis 200: For severe pain in the uterus similar to a bruise, mix one dose in a glass of water and drink in small sips until symptoms improve.
- Hypericum 30: Especially after the tearing of the perineum, one Standard dose to be taken three times daily.
- Staphysagria 200: For severe pain, particularly after a caesarean, mix one Standard dose in a half glass of water and take in small sips until symptoms improve.
To lessen the after effects of anesthesia:
- Nux vomica 200: Mix one standard dose in half a glass water and drink in small sips until symptoms improve.
For post delivery depression:
- Pulsatilla 200: A standard dose, once daily.
- Seek immediate help from your physician if there are more severe complaints, strange emotional sensations or increased restlessness.
Child birth can be made easier with numerous homeopathic remedies. Most of them help to keep the muscles elastic; relieve painful muscle contractions in the pelvic area as well as lessen the fear before giving birth. It helps to reduce the stress and strain during birth. The prevailing pain and the overall physical, mental and emotional situation of the mother-to-be help’s in selecting proper remedies.
Note: Consult the homeopath quite early, because remedies usually have to be taken several weeks before the delivery.
If time is short or getting professional advice is not possible then self treatment is better then none at all. Pulsatilla 30 and Arnica 200 are particularly effective.
- Pulsatilla 30 balances emotional state and gives strength to the mother.
- Arnica 200 helps to cope up with huge physical stress during the actual birthing process and to avoid bleeding. Your physician and midwife in the clinic should be well informed about the medications you have been taking.