Question: What is the position of baby in pregnant woman in 5th month?
Position of Fetus or Baby at 5 Months
The main feature of the development in the fifth month of the pregnancy is:
- The growth of the fetus, it grows to size of 12 inches, and weighs around 300 grams by the end of 5 months.
- Fine hair and sweat glands develop.
- Fingernails and toe nails begin to grow.
- There is development of cartilage in the ears and nose.
- Fetus starts to move and the mother can feel the fetal movement, it is also called Quickening.
- Fetal heart sound is audible by keeping stethoscope on the mother’s abdomen.
- The circulatory and the urinary system start to work.
- Creamy white covering called vernix starts to develop, which protects the skin from the amniotic fluid.
- The fetus is able to hear the sound, your voice. And may jump if there is loud sound.
- The baby will suck if the lips are stroked, it can even get hic cups.