Kidney infection in pregnancy is one of the most dangerous situations a pregnant woman could get into. Aside from the risk of kidney failure and even death, it also imperils the life and health condition of the fetus. To ensure healthy conception, you must know the kidney infections symptoms in pregnancy.
Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Infection During Pregnancy
Most signs of kidney infection in pregnancy are also found in normal pregnancy, but the determining factor would be the severity or the degree of the experience such as pain and urination. You must be keen enough to determine the difference between normal signs of pregnancy and pregnancy with infection.The usual symptoms of kidney infection among pregnant women include the following:
- Fever accompanied with chills
- Frequent and more than usual urination
- Blood in urine
- Severe pain when urinating
- Short and stabbing bursts of pain around the waist and lower back
- Severe exhaustion that could hamper normal movements and activities
Kidney Infection in Pregnancy Causes
The common causes of kidney infection among pregnant women are:
- Physical changes in a woman’s body. These physical and hormonal changes make it easy for bacteria to enter the urethra up to the bladder and the urinary track. Successful entry of bacteria to the kidneys results to its infection.
- Because of the baby’s continuous growth inside the womb, the organs tend to compress resulting to incomplete emptying of the bladder during urination. The remaining urine which normally contains bacteria makes pregnant women more susceptible to kidney infection.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned, you should immediately consult your obstetrician to advice you of kidney infection in pregnancy remedies. Kidney infection among pregnant women could lead to low birthrate, fetal development problems, and even miscarriage or stillbirth. It can also cause serious health complications for the mother.