Having a bulging stomach after childbirth is normal. Your belly has to endure the trauma and stress of weight carrying for nine months, and the belly skin that has been stretched won’t automatically get back to its natural shape right after delivery.
Natural Tips to Reduce Tummy after Delivery or Child Birth
However, you can help to speed up its return to normal shape and reduce tummy after delivery with these following tips:
- Follow a light exercise regimen after you have taken enough rest from child delivery. Walking for 10 to 20 minutes every day would help shed off your unwanted tummy bulge.
- Do some light yoga exercise. However, you must immediately stop doing even light exercise if your bleeding resumes, if you feel dizzy every time you do exercise, and if you experience shortness of breath.
- Breastfeeding is not only beneficial for your child but it can also contribute in bringing back your flat belly. Breastfeeding burns 300 to 500 calories every time you feed your child.
- Your diet and choice of food plays an important role in bringing back your flat belly. However, you must ensure that you would be following a healthy diet and you will not neglect your nutritional needs while trying to achieve a flat belly. To reduce tummy after delivery, it would be better if you will consult your dietician or your obstetrician. Generally, foods that are healthy but could flatten your belly are fresh fruits and green, leafy vegetables, nuts, lean meat, and wheat bread.
- Drink at least a glass of water before eating.
- Avoid eating large meals, instead, take 5 to 6 small meals in a day.
- You can have light snacks before meals such as yoghurt, low fat milk, and fresh fruits.
- Avoid processed, canned and fried foods.
- Do not lie in bed or sit down immediately after eating. To reduce tummy after delivery, allow your stomach to digest your food well before sitting down.