Gastritis is a condition that concerns the inflammation of the mucus lining found along the stomach wall, which can lead to the disruption of digestion. Gastritis can happen even during pregnancy and can result to the decrease in working capacity.
Gastritis and pregnancy is closely watched by health professionals as gastritis is one of the most easily spread diseases of the digestive tract. There have been studies that show that fifty percent of the population suffers from it. Hence, first-hand knowledge of its causes and treatment is important especially in pregnant women.
Causes of Gastritis During Pregnancy
- One of the causes is stress resulting to the disruption in the overall metabolism of the body.
- Unresolved problems at work, in family, or other factors can also contribute to gastritis.
- Causes of gastritis during pregnancy also include nutrition situations with women either having irregular nutrition, unbalanced diet, or dry rations.
- Intake of food with poor nutritional value can also lead to gastritis.
- Engaging in alcohol and other strong liquors can also worsen the condition of pregnant women.
- High consumption of dishes with preservatives and emulsifiers can also harm the stomach lining leading to gastritis.
- The contamination of the stomach with helicobacter pylori bacteria has also been reported to be one of the causes.
See here for the details on: Causes of helicobacter pylori bacteria infection.
Home Treatments for Gastritis during Pregnancy
Available home remedies and treatment for gastritis and pregnancy are many, but the most common include the following:
- Antibiotics are usually administered if gastritis is caused by helicobacter pylori.
- Drugs with H-2 histamine receptor blockers
- Spasmolytics and ferments medication
- If these treatment do not work, it is best to consult with your doctor.