I’m 5 months pregnant and I haven’t gained any weight. I’m 107, is that really bad. Also I have no anemia. What are the causes of weight loss in pregnancy?
What was your weight before conception? Generally increase of weight of 1 kg every month is fair during pregnancy.
How to Gain Weight During Pregnancy
Proper nutrition is most vital to gain weight. Consume at least 2500 calories per day which will suffice the requirements for you and your baby for healthy development during pregnancy.
If your doctor advises to increase your weight here are few tips to gain weight:
- Eat frequent meals every day, it should be small and frequent at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
- Keep handy some of the snacks like dry fruits, nuts, raisins , cheese, crackers, icecreame etc
- Eat at least 4 to 5 bananas in a day, bananas provide good amount of calorie requirement, as well as they are rich source of vital elements required during pregnancy.
- Peanut butter, apples and celery increase weight. 1 tsp of peanut butter provides around 100 calories and 7to 8 grams of protein
- Milk, potatoes, eggs and cereals, pulses should be included in daily diet
- Eat poultry, fish, meat, and green leafy vegetables. They contain all the natural ingredients such as fats, proteins, carbohydrate, vitamins and minerals.
- Vitamin C rich fruits are useful during pregnancy
- Carrots, sweet potatoes, apricot and cantaloupe are rich source of vitamin A.
- Whole grain are rich source of carbohydrate and fiber
- Mangoes, musk melon if included in diet will lead in improving the weight.
Apart from the diet, a proper sleep, rest and reduced stress also play a significant role in increasing weight.
These are few tips to increase the weight during pregnancy.