It is always recommended to do some exercises regularly after pregnancy and childbirth. These exercises are aimed at toning the abdominal muscles and for a flatter stomach.
Stomach Exercises After Pregnancy
- Lie on the floor with your feet on the floor and the knees bent
- Place your hands below and either sides of the belly and gently press your hand into the abdomen
- Now, gradually try to move your upper abdomen and chest away from the floor while your lower abdomen and head remains firmly fixed to the floor. This will arch your spine and create a pull on your abdominal muscles
- Take a deep breath and hold this position for a few seconds. Then gradually return back to the normal position, as you exhale.
- Repeat this exercise about seven to ten times in one sitting.
Tummy Exercise After C Section
This is a simple exercise aimed at toning the abdominal muscles
- Lie flat on the floor and place your hands below your buttocks
- Raise your left leg about 8 to 10 inches from the ground. Hold it for a few seconds and then gradually lower the leg. Now repeat the same with your right leg
- Repeat this exercise for five to seven times in one sitting
Exercises After Delivery
Pelvic tilts are useful especially to strengthen the pelvic muscles, especially after a delivery.
- Lie on the floor. bend your knees
- Now gradually lift your pelvis upwards and hold this position. Please ensure that you raise only the pelvic region, while the rest of the body should be rooted to the ground
- Recommended three sets with five repetitions at least once a day