Published November 24, 2009 by Nick
Pregnancy Week 31-34 Baby Development:
- The baby starts to gradually move to a head down posture. This is known as vertex posture and about ninety five percent of the babies are born in this position.
- Babies who do not assume vertex position are said to be in breech position.
- The baby may be standing or sitting if you are experiencing a lot of kicking on the pelvis even now. She may also be in a sideways or transverse position.
- Your baby now weighs about five pounds and is about eighteen inches long.
- The rest of her body is catching up with the size of her head.
- She will be sleeping about ninety to ninety five percent of the day. But you may feel that she is constantly awake.
- If your child is born around this time, then she has all the possibilities of surviving. But she will be considered premature or preterm.
- Birth before thirty seven weeks of gestation is termed premature.