Body Changes to Expect When You are 2 Months Pregnant (5-8 weeks of pregnancy)
This month will give you a feeling of being pregnant. The HCG levels will rise to the peak and then decline during the middle of this month. The placenta starts producing progesterone and estradiol hormones. A few new pregnancy symptoms will be noticed with the rise and fall of hormonal levels when you are 2 months pregnant.
Your waistline is increasing even though you have not put on any significant weight.
- There is a change in the texture of the hair and skin during pregnancy.
- Sometimes hair thinning and breakage; and acne problems may also be seen.
- Pigmented areas of the skin, freckles and moles are bound to darken. Use a good Sunscreen with a high Sun protection factor (SPF) to protect from hyper-pigmentation.
- Pregnancy gingivitis occurs, where in your gums bleed when you brush your teeth. To maintain healthy gums and teeth brush and floss regularly. A warm salt water rinse may soothe swollen gum tissues.
- Now is the best time to visit your dentist and get your teeth thoroughly cleaned. Leaning back in a dental chair in the following months will become difficult.
What You Could Feel Like During Your Second Month of Pregnancy
The rotating movements in the stomach continue even during this second month of pregnancy. There is an increase in nausea and vomiting because the HCG level is very high. On the positive aspects your NVP may start getting better during the end of the month as the HCG level begins to fall. In this month even women who do not suffer from morning sickness are bound to feel tired out. Pay attention to your body demands and take some rest.
Other 2 month pregnancy symptoms that are already present or may start, include:
- Urinating frequently.
- Increase in discharge.
- Larger, tender breasts.
- Increase in saliva.
- Gas or indigestion.
- Nasal congestion and/or a runny nose.
- Occasional dizziness or faintness.
Note: Toxoplasmosis is a parasite infection and poses a threat to women during pregnancy. It has dangerous effects and can damage the brain and cause medical problems in an unborn child. The infection maybe passed from infected cat feces and undercooked meat. If you have a cat at home avoid litter box duties. Wear gloves and wash your hands thoroughly after working outside in garden.
Baby’s Condition During Week 5-10 of Pregnancy
There are significant changes occurring your baby when you are 2 months pregnant. Here are some of them:
- The heart is clearly divided in two chambers (left and right) and has started pumping. One of the early signs of life inside you!
- The embryo has a tail when the fertilization occurs. That will gradually vanish during this month and the next.
- There will be subtle signs of arms and legs being formed.
- The baby’s skin is kind of transparent at this stage. You will be able to see the veins under the skin in certain ares on the baby.
- While you are 8 weeks pregnant, your baby is called the embryo, but in 10 weeks time, the embryo will be term as the fetus.
- In about 12 weeks the baby will be about 5.3 cms long and will start kicking and stretching.