Fractured Teeth Root Canal Treatment | Cracked, Split Tooth Repair


Hello Doctor, I am 26 years old, from India. My front teeth are broken, due to an accident at age of 10 years. Due to no treatment, I’ve got gaps between my front teeth. I feel embarrassed when I smile. Please give me advice. Do I have any chance of getting any treatment to fix up my teeth? Please write me in detail.


Broken Tooth Treatment

There is no way of treating fractured teeth and gaps between at home. You need to visit a dentist. Is there any pain or sensitivity?  It is crucial to visit the dentist, because will be in a position to examine the teeth properly, determine the amount of harm done, and if nerves have been damaged.

Occasionally, broken teeth with damages nerves, require a root canal to be performed.

What the dentists will do?

There are several types of broken teeth, each of which needs different treatments. These include:

  • Minor cracks : If the cracks are superficial, affecting only the enamel, the white portion of the tooth, the dentist will polish the area to smooth out any rough spots.
  • Chips : Repairing the damage / gaps with filling material is recommended, to prevent it from worsening, and to make the teeth and mouth look better. Since, it is in the front of the mouth, the dentist will use a tooth-colored filling.
  • Cracked Teeth : This type involves the whole tooth, from the chewing surface all the way down toward the nerve. Gaps are sometimes repaired with filling material, although, the tooth will need a dental crown to check an aggravation. If the pulp, I.e. the nerve and live tissues are injured, you may need a root canal as well.
  • Split tooth : Firstly, a root canal will be required. Secondly, the root that will not be preserved is taken out with a minor surgical procedure. Thirdly, a dental crown will be made to cover the root and replace the tooth.