My gums are swollen due to horizontal wisdom tooth. Can you suggest me some home remedy?
Gum Inflammation Relief
Wisdom teeth are usually four in number and they are among the last teeth to emerge. They emerge around 17 to 25 years. They emerge gradually. As they emerge last, they may have less space to emerge and due to this they may remain impacted and horizontal to the jaw bone. This is called impacted wisdom tooth.
Symptoms of impacted wisdom tooth:
- Swelling in the gums
- Pain and tender gums
- Redness near the gums
- Difficulty in opening the jaw
Impacted wisdom tooth are common, around 40% of persons have impacted wisdom tooth.
The only solution for impacted wisdom tooth is to remove it surgically.
For this you will have to take a dentist opinion.
However if your tooth is not troubling you a lot, you may try some home remedies to get relief from the pain and swelling.
Or in conditions such as pregnancy, where the tooth cannot be removed home remedies will be beneficial.
- Homeopathic medicine plantago acts well in tooth problems. Take a glass of water add few drops of plantago mother tincture in water and gargle the solution at least thrice in a day.
- Pour a few drops of clove oil on the ball of cotton; place the cotton over the swollen gum. Clove oil sooths the pain.
- Rinse your mouth after eating; prevent the food particles to be lodged in between the teeth and the gums.
- Use soft bristled tooth brush as it will not irritate the swollen gums
- Salt water gargles can also lessen the pain.