As opposed to its term, lie bumps on tongue have nothing to do with telling the truth or saying a lie. Lie bumps are medically termed as transient lingual papillitis. It is still not clear to the medical world what causes lie bumps on tongue. Its causes and history is not yet determined despite of extensive medical research. But based on its symptoms, lie bumps are said to be the result of eating foods with sharp edges, vitamin B deficiency, food indigestion, stress, hormonal changes, and trauma. They appear for no apparent reason, and its usual signs and symptoms include:
- Red and white bumps on the surface or part of the tongue
- Enlargement of the cells on the affected area
Home Remedies and Natural Cures for Lie Bumps on Tongue
Despite of its ambiguity, treatment of lie bumps on tongue are still applied to most cases and they are proven effective.Although lie bumps on tongue usually just go away after a few days, you can still get rid of the discomfort and pain by doing these following methods:
- Directly apply hydrogen peroxide on the affected area to reduce swelling and redness.
- Soothe the inflammation by applying ice cube on the surface of the affected area.
- Suck an ice cube or frozen fruits to reduce inflammation. Eating frozen delights will also do the trick.
- Get enough rest and sleep to avoid stress.
- Add lots of fresh and green, leafy vegetables on your diet to enhance better digestion.
- Cleanse your intestines by drinking a glass of lemon juice with a teaspoon of honey first thing in the morning while your stomach is still empty. Do this for at least three days.
- Gargle warm water mixed with table salt once in the morning and another before bedtime.
- Chew your food well.