- The use of clindamycin is considered as an effective way in treating tooth infections that are caused by bacteria.
- Clindamycin works by preventing bacteria from producing ribosomes. Ribosomes are proteins that help bacteria multiply in the teeth thus causing the infection to worsen. When the production of ribosomes is prevented, the bacteria will not thrive which will end the infection.
- Clindamycin is beneficial and effective for those patients that often have allergic reactions to antibiotics.
- Administering clindamycin requires a specific dosage and this is influenced by several factors. These factors include how severe the infection is, body’s response to the medication, the kind of clindamycin that will be administered, if the patient is presently taking other kinds of medication, and if the patient has other health conditions.
Can You Use Clindamycin for Tooth Infection
- Clindamycin can be used to treat infection. In fact it has been considered as in effective way in dealing with harmful bacteria in the teeth which can lead to serious ailments.
- This kind of medication has not only been proven to deal with tooth infection but also considered to be tolerable for most people.
- Clindamycin, like any antibiotic also has its own side effects. These include vomiting, nausea, pain in the abdominal area, yeast infections, diarrhea, skin rashes, and patients may experience a metallic-like taste in the mouth.
- Due to possible side effects which rarely happen, precautionary measures should be done before taking the medication. These measures include informing the doctor of patient’s medical history. The doctor would usually want to know if the patient had experienced any kind of liver and kidney disease along with allergic reactions, yeast infections, and gastrointestinal diseases. The history should also include information that would tell if the patient is pregnant or is nursing a baby. All of this information will help in determining how the medication can be given.
How to Use Clindamycin for Infected Tooth
Below are the steps that are done when using a liquid form of clindamycin.
- First step to do is to shake the medication well together with the suspension liquid.
- Fill the syringe that is usually provided with the right dose that has been recommended by the doctor. If there is no available syringe, then a spoon can be used. When using a spoon, patients should ensure that the size of the spoon can be measured accurately according to the recommended dosage.
- After filling the injection, place tip of syringe inside the mouth and inject the medication.
- Take in or swallow the injected medication.