Blowing out air from the anus is just a normal mechanism of the body. However, if your flatulence seems uncontrollable and happening almost all the time, then it is time to get alarmed. Smelly farts can be one of the signs that tell you there is a problem in your digestive system. It can be a symptom for disease or some serious problems. However, finding the right solution for smelly flatus can be fairly easy, but first we need to know the major causes of persistent flatulence.
Causes of Smelly and Burning Flatulence (Fart)
Two main causes of smelly and persistent flatus include the following:
- People with poor bowel function. A person having two bowel movements is a sign of slow body mechanism. Lack of bowel movement at all for a day leads air pockets to develop inside the intestines.
- Significant digestive problems are also a cause of the presence of yeast in the digestive system.
Treatment and Home Remedies for Persistent Smelly Flatulence
Smelly and persistent flatulence can be treated in many ways. Some would include:
- For one thing, keeping track of the food you take can help you trace what the cause of the smelly fart is. Foods that trigger the worsening of farts include beans, cabbage, onions, cauliflower, broccoli, and others can greatly increase the development of gas in your digestive tract. Greasy foods are hard to digest so try to avoid them.
- Moreover, stay cautious of the amount of sugar you take. These foods also contribute to the development of air inside your digestive system.
- You can also manage your frequent farting by eating small meals a day instead of having three large meals. In this way, your body will have time to digest the food. Eating too much would only mean slowing your digestion.
- Fiber is one important substance that can help speed up digestion and prevents fart. Be sure to include foods rich in fiber in your diet to relieve you from smelly farts.
- Yogurts also help in keeping your digestive system in proper order since it contains healthy properties to fight bacteria that can cause stink in farts.
- If these home treatments fail, be sure to get the help of your doctor. He can help you by prescribing drugs that can prevent smelly flatulence. Also ask for specific advice from your doctor to help you cope with the discomforts of the stink.