Your feet are among the most used and sometimes most abused part of the body. And because of that, the feet are prone to various conditions such as dryness and foot skin peeling. Generally if your feet are exposed to water and sun for a long time, or if you have skin infections such as athlete’s foot, eczema, psoriasis, peeling skin syndrome, and even the Kawasaki disease, you will have foot and legs skin peeling. Foot perspiration and blisters could also result to peeling skin on feet.
Home Remedies and Treatment for Legs / Foot Skin Peeling
Peeling skin on feet can be treated by treating the underlying condition.For instance, if the cause of your foot skin peeling is athlete’s foot, you would have to treat your fungal infection to stop the peeling. But for general causes, you can treat your peeling skin condition by applying these home remedies:
- Moisturize your feet by applying skin softeners or moisturizers. This will reduce and eventually cure your foot skin peeling.
- Apply petroleum jelly on your feet before bedtime. Concentrate on peeling areas and put on a pair of socks before sleeping. Notice your supple foot skin upon waking up the next morning.
- Apply a liberal amount of castor or tea tree oil on your peeling foot skin overnight.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day to hydrate your skin and to flush out toxins that can also cause peeling skin on feet.
- Exfoliate by using mild body scrubs or soft scrubbing net. Avoid using pumice as they are hard and could cut or blister the sensitive skin of your feet.
- Avoid using socks or footwear that could enhance foot perspiration.
- Avoid exposing your feet to water or sunlight for a prolonged period of time.