Dizziness means a sensation of impending loss of consciousness and patient feels lightheaded as if he or she is going to fall at any moment. Dizziness is usually caused by problem related to blood circulation. It is commonly associated with a sickening sensation and nausea.
Sometimes it is present with the compliant of ear infections and also may be present along with a low blood pressure and cardiac disease and apart from this it also can be a symptom of anemia and headache (migraine) and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level).
Home Remedies For Dizziness And Nausea
- Soak about 5 gm of dry gooseberry and coriander seeds in water overnight. Strain in the morning and drink after adding little sugar. This helps to bring down dizziness to a certain extent.
- If the cause is anemia then adjusting the diet is the correct remedy. Meat, fish and poultry and all dairy products are rich in iron and vitamin B12 and Folic acid is present in the green vegetables and should be included in the daily diet.
- In case the dizziness is due to headache, then make a paste of henna flowers and apply on the forehead for relief.
- If dizziness is due to low blood pressure then the patient is advised to drink plenty of fluids and also oral re-hydration water, coconut water, which may help in raising blood pressure to normal level and give relief from dizziness.
- Intake of glucose will also reduce dizziness especially if it is due to decrease in blood sugar level, commonly seen in diabetes patients.
- Other causes provoking dizziness have to be taken care of accordingly, e.g. if dizziness and nausea is caused due to intake of certain drugs like diuretics, aspirin or chloroquine then discontinuing those drugs will reduce dizziness and nausea.