Causes of Cyst on Forehead
A cyst on forehead is usually the result of the accumulation of sebum or the oily substance produced by sebaceous glands on a blocked skin pore. When the sebum accumulates in a blocked pore, the oily substance hardens and forms into a solid mass, thus creating a cyst in the forehead. Although it is generally harmless, it is important to treat and drain this blocked pore to clarify the skin and get rid of the cyst on forehead or also known as whiteheads.
Treatment and Removal of Cyst on Forehead
Getting rid of cyst on forehead is critical because it can leave facial scars that could be permanent.And if you pop the cyst carelessly, the bacteria trapped inside the cyst can spread and infect other pores in the face. To remove the cyst on your forehead, apply these home remedies that are proven safe and effective.
- Steam. Boil a few cups of water and transfer them in a basin. Place your face directly on the basin when the heat of the water is tolerable. This way your pores will open including the pore that contains the cyst and will naturally drain the sebum. You can also try steam bath or showering with hot water to open your facial pores.
- Wash your face with warm water and cleanse the area with anti-bacterial soap. After a few minutes, rinse your face with cold water to seal off your pores.
- Apply hot compress to the cyst on forehead to soften the hardened pore and drain the sebum out.
- Drink plenty of water to cleanse your system from toxins and other harmful microorganisms. Fresh fruit and vegetable juices will also contribute to your total wellness.
- Avoid picking your cyst. Your hands have thousands of bacteria and touching your cyst would only worsen the situation.