Having black spots on body could be embarrassing not to mention awkward because of the unnecessary attention you will get out of the unwanted sight. Getting rid of them would be your initial intention. Before treating those black spots on body, it would be better for you to determine its causes.
Causes of Black Spots on Body
Some of the usual causes of black spots on body include:
- Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight results to production of melanin, making the exposed body area form flat patches and painless lesions. Most dark and brown spots appear on the neck and face as they are more exposed to sunlight.
- Black spots on body are also called liver spots. This can happen as a result of small lesions due to constant shaving on a specific area such as armpits, chin, and mustache area.
- Natural aging process
- Physiological deficiencies
Natural Treatment and Remedies for Dark Spots on Body
Before you take any step to treat and get rid of your black spots on body, you should get the opinion of a dermatologist to ascertain the cause of the dark spots on your body. If a dermatologist is not available, you can apply the following home treatment:
- Prepare a mixture of paste of tomato and fresh lime juice.
- Get a clove of garlic and cut it into two. Slightly pound the garlic to allow the juice to ooze out. Rub the juice to the black spots on body. Garlic has anti-inflammatory and whitening components known to lighten dark skin areas.
- Boil a few leaves of basil in water. You can add rose water in the solution if you like. Let it cool down and apply the water on the darkened skin parts.