Some women suffer from a yellowish vaginal discharge. This is not only unsightly and embarrassing for them and for their partners, it can also be a cause for worry. Yellow vaginal discharges can indicate certain problems in a woman’s physique, and getting to the bottom of this problem will not only get her to get rid of this yellowish discharge, it can also get her to remedy whatever is causing this problem.
Causes Of Yellowish Vaginal Discharge
There are a few reasons why a woman may suffer from a yellowish or discolored vaginal discharge, and the main culprit for a yellowish discharge is often an infection.
- When you see a yellowish vaginal discharge and are experiencing certain symptoms like a cheesy texture to the discharge, a fishy odor, or itching, then you may be suffering from a yeast infection. This is most often the common cause for a discolored vaginal discharge and may be caused by a hormonal imbalance, poor feminine hygiene, and even a poor diet and tight clothes.
- Sometimes a yellowish vaginal discharge can mean more than a simple yeast infection.
Home Remedies For Yellow Vaginal Discharge
There are some ways by which you can treat the yellowish vaginal discharge from home, but the more serious problems may need to be addressed by a medical professional. Sexually transmitted infections need to be addressed by your doctor, and a visit to them when you suspect that you are infected is important. If you find that you are suffering from yellow vaginal discharge due to a yeast infection, here are some things you can do from your home:
- Make a vaginal wash that consists of water, apple cider vinegar, and some garlic. Dab this mixture on your private parts and rinse off when you feel it stinging excessively. Do this until the discharge you see is back to its normal color in the next few days.
- Dress in looser clothes or clothes that are not so tight in the crotch area. Try changing your underwear from synthetic fabrics to cottons or minimize wearing synthetic underwear whenever you can.
- Drinking buttermilk and consuming some yogurt every day will also help with yeast infections and with the yellow discharge that sometimes comes with it.
- Proper feminine hygiene is also important when trying to cure yourself of yellowish vaginal discharges.