Question: I am 35 years old and my problem is that I get tired very quickly. My weight is 74 kg and I am doing business of my own. I also feel loss of memory and my appetite has been less in last few months.
The main problem is that if I take solid food, I get heartburn, choking and difficulty in breathing. Please suggest me some diet and home remedies that will make me more energetic and active.
Causes Of Fatigue And Weakness
Fatigue is an indication that the body cells are not getting the required nourishment to carry out their assigned task.
Irregular eating pattern, living on denatured/ refined/ junk food is the primary cause for fatigue. Diet which is lacking in or low in carbohydrates (wheat, rice, Red Millet, fruits), will provide less energy. Carbohydrates are energy foods which provide a constant flow of the needed energy.
Anemia is another cause for tiredness. Deficiency of vitamin B12, vitamin B6, folic acid and iron, results in anemia.
You say, you suffer from breathlessness and have a poor appetite. Along with these, do you have recurrent headaches, spells of dizziness, and are irritable?
Get your hemoglobin level assessed. This will help us ascertain the exact cause and speed up the cure.
What Foods To Eat For Weakness And Fatigue?
Foods that increase hemoglobin level are:
- Green leafy vegetables
Incorporate these in your diet. Iron supplements and vitamin B complex supplements will help, but do not bank too heavily on them.
Following things should be avoided.
- Aerated drinks
- Tinned/canned products
- Processed foods – biscuits, fried and white bread.
- Never drink water along with the meals.
- Never hurry through a meal.
- Do not overeat. Always leave the table, feeling that you could eat more.
- Go slow with tea and coffee.
- Stay away from cigarettes and alcohol.
Food for treating fatigue:
- Fresh fruits, dry fruits, nuts
- Brown bread
- Soups and juices
- Begin your day with a heavy breakfast to fuel yourself.
Energy foods which will boost your energy levels are:
- Brown bread
- Dry fruits
Home Remedies For Weakness And Fatigue
Tips to be more energetic and increase your endurance.
- Poor sleep may cause weariness, so also, a stressful way of living.
- Streamline your diet. Avoid eating too much of junk food and outside food. Eat a balanced diet consisting of all nutrients.
- Lack of exercise can cause fatigue. Doing regular exercise will increase oxygen storage capacity of the muscles and also strengthen the immune system. Exercise may be the last thing you may be feeling to do when you are tired, but regular exercise keeps you invigorated.
- Practice relaxation exercises such as yoga, meditation, and deep breathing.
- Sometimes fatigue can develop as a result of mental stress. Face up to work and relation problems and do something to resolve them. Talk to a counselor if necessary.
- Above all you have to prevent dehydration. Drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day.
- Eat frequently and small meals. Eat at least small 5 meals in a day at an interval of 2 to 3 hours.