Vaginal Bumps Causes and Prevention
Discovering a vaginal bump in your private area may pose a potential health risk. But there is nothing for you to be worried about. As long as you have an early diagnosis and seek proper treatment, you should be on the clear.
What you need to know first is to find out what the difference is between sebaceous cysts and sexually transmitted diseases such as genital herpes. Genital herpes are the breakouts of vaginal bumps. There would usually be blisters and swelling. These bumps consequently turn crusty. However, sebaceous cysts form a sac enclosed and located under the skin.
Signs and Symptoms of Vaginal Bumps
If there are any signs and symptoms of infection, seek medical attention as soon as possible to avoid complication and for prompt treatment. These are the following things you need to look into:
- Tenderness or pain in the infected area
- Reddening of the area
- Warm feeling on the infected bumps
- Bumps emit fluids that are grayish white or cheesy in color
- Emitted substance has a foul odor
Treatments and Home Remedies for Vaginal Bumps
Though it is something you need not to worry about, there are a few things you can do to treat these.
- Observe proper hygiene.
- Avoid coitus or sexual intercourse.
- Wear or use breathable underwear. Preferably those that are made of cotton would be recommended.
- If there is pain, placing a heating pad in the area can relieve the pain.
- A healthy diet can be useful in fighting against infection. Eating food rich in vitamin C and highly nutritional food would be ideal for you.
- Wash the vaginal area properly and allow it to dry.
- Avoid douching. It would only aggravate and cause further infection.
Individuals who find themselves in this situation should not get relaxed. Sometimes, the best tool to have is to know about vaginal bumps, their signs, and how to treat them. Prevention costs less than cure. Being able to diagnose the condition earlier would mean prompt treatment and faster recovery.