What is Uric Acid?
People suffering from uric acid know the kind of pain this problem brings. A high level of uric acid in a person’s system can be problematic for those with gout or gouty arthritis. Treating gout and uric acid problems can be done at home with a few remedies and treatments that are easy to use and to make.
Home Remedies for Treating Gout and Uric Acid
When you find yourself suffering from uric acid and gout problems, there are some solutions to this that can be done at home. Here are some of the remedies you can try:
- One thing you can do to try and prevent this problem is to change your lifestyle and eating habits. You can try and change your diet by minimizing the intake of certain foods that are high in uric acid, which includes red meats, mushrooms, organ meats, anchovies, and others. Minimizing the intake of these foods will help with the problem of gout and gouty arthritis.
- Take in a healthy dose of vitamin C to help reduce the amount of uric acid in your system. Continuously taking in 500 milligrams of this vitamin will decrease your uric acid levels in a month or two.
- Cherries are also a good way to treat gout and uric acid problems from home. A daily dose of a cup of fresh cherries that you can either make into a juice or simply eaten as is can help lower your uric acid levels.
- Taking in milk and yogurt can also help lower uric acid levels in your body. Eating a cup of fresh yogurt at least once every two days or even once a day significantly decreases the level of uric acid in a person’s body. The same happens when a person takes in a glass of milk every day.
- Increasing you intake of vegetables can also help with gouty arthritis and uric acid problems. Just avoid beans and other legumes since these seem to aggravate uric acid problems. Try to change to a mostly vegetarian diet to help reduce uric acid in your body.
- Pure filtered water is also a good way to cleanse your body of excessive uric acids. Drink purified filtered water regularly and daily to help with the problem of gout and uric acid levels.
- Celery seed extract is also a popular natural remedy for gout and uric acid problems.
- Try to minimize such food like bread and seafood will help with reducing uric acid levels. Try to avoid alcohol and fatty meats altogether.