Growing Long Hair Tips
Women and men often look for ways to grow their hair long. Hair grows long naturally, but some people want to have hair to grow long fast and for it to grow healthy. Before you can start trying to grow a head of healthy, long hair, here are a few facts about hair:
- Hair is made up of keratin, and amino acids are needed to help build keratin. These amino acids are arginine, cystine, methionine, cysteine, and lysine.
- Maximum amount of hair loss a person can suffer in a day is somewhere between 75 and 100 strands, and this does not include hair strands that break.
- A proper diet is essential to your hair. This means that you need to have adequate amounts of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals to have healthy hair.
Preventing Hair Loss and Hair Breakage
When you are trying to grow your hair long, certain problems like hair breakage and excessive hair loss can make it difficult.Here are some tips on how to prevent these problems or to minimize them:
- Avoid unnecessary handling of hair and too much combing or brushing.
- Protecting your hair from an excessive exposure to sunlight and to salt water and chlorine. When exposed to these, deep conditioning of hair is needed.
- Do not use water that is too hot for your scalp and your hair.
- Try to live a healthy lifestyle that consists of proper nutrition, ample rest, and avoid harmful substances like alcohol, smoking and caffeine.
Growing Hair Long Fast
When you have minimized the factors that can cause hair breakage and loss, you can use some of these home remedies and tips for growing your hair long faster:
- One of the tried-and-tested ways to encourage hair to grow faster is to have it trimmed regularly. A small trim to get rid of split ends and to get rid of frayed hair ends will make hair grow faster.
- Try this olive oil remedy. Warm some olive oil and massage this into your scalp and hair. Wrap in a towel and keep on overnight. In the morning, soak a towel in hot water, squeeze out, then wrap your hair and head in it for a few minutes. Repeat a few times then wash off the oil in your hair. Do this once a week.
- Aloe vera is also a good herbal treatment to grow hair fast, long, and healthy. Simply rub a fresh open leaf over your scalp and hair. Leave on for an hour then rinse off. Do this daily for thick, long, and healthy hair.