I get continuous sore throat, i.e. granulation in my throat whole year. I tried antibiotics to no avail. i feel ok for a few days. Again the problem recurs. I feel the problem is in my ear tube. I can feel slight discharge in my throat. Can you suggest simple home remedies to get rid of this problem?
Sore throat is the inflammation at the back of the throat, the medical term is pharynx. It generally occurs due to cold or influenza. Sore throat can involve tonsils and the adenoids.
Sore Throat Causes
- Bacterial or viral infection.
- Hyperacidity, or reflux esophagitis.
- Colds, influenza, sinusitis.
- Smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Excessive strain to the voice box.
Throat Pain Home Remedies
- Take a mango bark, extract its fluid and mix it with a glassful of water. Gargle the mixture for two times in a day. It is an important home remedy for throat pain.
- The herb Belleric Myroblan is valuable in sore throat. A mixture prepared from the fruit pulp of the herb, and a quarter teaspoon of salt, and half a teaspoon of powered long pepper, they all are mixed in honey. Take this mixture at night before going to bed, it act as a soothing agent for sore throat.
- Cinnamon is effective remedy in treating sore throat. Mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with a pinch of pepper powder, add 2 teaspoon of honey. Cinnamon oil with honey is also effective treatment for sore throat.
- Liquorice is a recognized in curing sore throat. A small portion of liquorice should be chewed or sucked to give immense relief in sore throat.
- Sage gargles, half a liter of boiling water should be poured on the sage leaves, when it gets cool honey is added to it, the mixture is used as gargle.
- Holy basil with boiled water is used as gargles and can be consumed as a drink. It gives satisfactory relief in sore throat.
- Breathing exercise should be done daily.
- Stop tobacco and other spicy food as they create hyperacidity resulting in acid reflux while lying down and injuring the pharynx causing pharyngitis.
These are some of the home remedies which you can try to get relief from sore throat.