Gum disease is caused by hordes of invading bacteria and is usually the result of poor oral hygiene, general poor health or a sugar-coated diet (candy, soft-drinks, pastries, refined carbohydrate and sugar in all forms).
Pregnant women sometimes get mild gum inflammation that disappears soon after they give birth and people with AIDS, acute leukemia or uncontrolled diabetes are more likely to develop gum disease.
Even normally painless inflamed gums can flare into abscesses and pockets of infection, involving tooth roots and even the bone of the jaw, if it’s not treated promptly.The main cause of toothache is tooth decay which results from faulty diet.
How To Prevent Swollen Gums And Tooth Infection?
- Regular and proper cleaning of the teeth and gums is most important for preventing tooth decay, tooth ache and gum diseases. Proper method of cleaning is by the circular motion of the tooth-brush so as to ensure that all the dental surfaces are cleaned.
- Gentle stimulation with the touch of the brush to the gums helps in improving circulation and thus helps in maintaining healthy gums.
Natural Home Remedies For Swollen Gums
- Daily use of black pepper powder and common salt in equal amount is an excellent way of cleaning the teeth and reducing tooth infections and swollen gums, it also prevents dental caries, bad breath, bleeding from the gums, swollen gums and tooth infections.
- A small quantity of black pepper powder mixed with a little clove oil should be put on the caries to reduce the toothache.
- Clove oil is a nerve sedative that’s been used since olden days. Put a drop of clove oil on a bit of cotton packed next to the tooth.
- Garlic is one of the most effective home remedies for toothache. One garlic clove with a pinch of rock salt should be placed on the tooth. It helps in reduction of toothache. One or two garlic cloves, if chewed daily helps to have very good dental health.
- Lemon juice is a rich source of vitamin C and is very useful in maintaining healthy teeth and other bones of the body. It prevents tooth decay and loosening of the teeth and swelling and bleeding of the gums. It should be included in the daily diet.