Question: Everyday my nose is dry and itchy. I don’t have cold. What can I do to cure my dry nose?
Answer: The complaint has been there since how long?
Are you allergic to anything?
Is this episodic/ perennial? Are you susceptible to weather changes?
Your complaints fall into the bracket of rhinitis (inflammation of the nose). The triggering factor most commonly is a particular allergen, to which the body reacts.
Symptoms frequently associated with the disorder are – blocked nose, runny nose or nasal discharge and blocked nose alternating, sneezing, and itching in the nose, occasional headaches.
Are there any crust formations in the nose/ outside?
Natural Remedies For Dry Itchy Nose And Rhinitis
- The triggering allergen ought to be identified, and once identified, constantly avoided.
- Ginger is a brilliant remedy. A tea made out of the root, should be had every morning.
- Vitamin C is your medicine. This vitamin builds immunity and boosts the resistance of the body. It relieves the symptoms and prevents recurrences.
- Another useful rhinitis remedy is caraway seeds. Roast 2 spoons of the seeds on a skillet. Crush the seeds and inhale the vapors. This therapy has seen rewarding results in a number of patients suffering from obstinate rhinitis.
- Hot water gargles are beneficial to cure rhinitis.
- Avoid the use of nasal rubs and decongestants.
- Consume at least 1 serving of any citrus fruit everyday (lime, sweet lime, orange)