What causes a person’s skin to peel and what can a person do to remedy such a problem? This question is asked by many people who suffer from this problem.
Well there are a number of reasons why a person may suffer from peeling skin and here are some of them:
- One of the reasons why a person may be suffering from peeling skin is lack of moisture or the skin has dried out. When a person has dry skin, flaking is liable to occur, thereby causing skin to peel.
- Another possible reason for skin peeling is when a person has a skin ailment that has skin peeling as a symptom or as a result of the ailment.
- Sun damage can also be the cause of person’s problem with skin peeling. Sunburn and sun poisoning are two of the reasons why a person may find their skin peeling off.
Diseases That Cause Peeling Skin
When a person has a particular skin ailment, he or she may suffer from skin peeling as a result or may have skin peeling as a symptom.
Here are some of the ailments that can result in skin peeling:
- Eczema. Eczema is an itchy skin ailment that often results in rashes that are seen on a person’s hands. This skin problem is often caused by the use of detergents that are too harsh on human skin. When eczema is not treated, it can result in the inflammation of the skin and skin peeling.
- Erythroderma. This ailment is characterized by the thickening and successive flaking of a person’s skin.
- Psoriasis. This is another skin ailment that causes a person to have scaly breakouts on their skin. These breakouts usually look like dandruff and when scraped off, these leave a raw, reddish mark on the skin.
- Kawasaki Disease. This is a skin problem that affects infants and children. This skin problem is characterized by swelling and rashes that start on the hands that then spreads to the body.
Home Remedies To Stop Peeling Of Skin
Once you have determined what is causing your peeling skin problems, here are some home remedies you can try to ease the itching and flaking of your skin.
- Grate a peeled cucumber and apply or rub on the affected areas. This will soothe and moisturize these areas.
- Mint is also a good remedy for peeling skin. Use fresh mint leaves, pound these and extract the juices and apply on peeling skin. Leave overnight if possible.
- Make a paste out of turmeric, sandalwood, honey, and olive oil and use this as a salve or as an ointment on peeling skin. Apply it daily till it is cured.