Home Remedies to Decrease Bilirubin Levels
There are many reasons when the liver is unable to handle to toxic load over it and at that tome bilirubin starts to build up. Increase in the bilirubin can occur most commonly in jaundice. Bilirubin is a yellowish-brownish liquid which usually forms due to death or break down of the old RBC (red blood cells). Bilirubin like other toxic waste material is continuously removed from the body and if this is not done it leads into storage of it into all our body tissues. Urine color become more yellowish and stools become lighter in color the bilirubin which they contain is not present and is stored in the body tissue.
This condition is called as jaundice. This is usually a viral condition.
Preventing Bilirubin Levels
- Give fruit juices to begin with. Drink fresh vegetables juices. Eat simple light liquid diet. Food should be fat-free and oil free.
- Avoid pickles and non-vegetarian diet.
- Drink plenty of fresh and boiled water.
- Things which are hard on the liver should be completely stopped e.g. tobacco and alcohol.
- One should expose himself to ultra violet light or morning sunlight for early elimination of bilirubin. Other things to be taken are diet rich in vitamin B complex, vitamin C and selenium.
Natural Treatments to Reduce Bilirubin Levels:
- Take a hot, high herb enema twice a day. Use white oak bark or bayberry bark tea.
- If fever is present drink a glass of water with lemon juice every hour.
- Take a cup goldenseal and Echinacea juice one hour before meals, three times a day.
- Take pure turmeric powder, add 10gms of this powder to 50gms of pure yoghurt and mix well and divide into equal parts. Drinks one part in the morning and another in the evening for 15days. This simple home remedy works well in many instances.
- Sugarcane should be sucked three or four times a day. It nourishes the body and works as a diuretic thereby clearing the urine.
- A juice is prepared by mixing equal part (20gms) of indica leaves and pure honey. To the above prepared mixture add 3gms of black pepper powder and stir it well. This should be made in two equal parts. One to be taken in morning and other in evening.