Mouth Blisters and Sores Treatment:
Having blisters or sores in the mouth is a very annoying condition. Not only will it affect your chewing, they are also painful especially if they are pressed against another medium. Because when you chew, almost all the parts of the mouth cavity are involved, it is impossible to eat without feeling the stingy effect they produce.
Mouth blisters and sores are characterized by reddish patches that form around the oral cavity. Aside from being painful, they also have the tendency to bleed. Moreover, they can also be infected if they are left untreated.
Mouth Sores and Blisters Causes:
The following are the most common factors that bring about the condition:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Bacterial and viral infection
- Ill-fitting braces and dentures used
- Lack of vitamins and minerals
- Cigarette smoking
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Broken tooth
Remedies for Mouth Sores and Blisters
The following are some of the tested and proven steps to get rid of mouth sores and blisters:
- Apply topical creams on the affected part. There are plenty of creams that are available over the counter. For some, their toothpaste is enough to provide temporary relief, especially if it is rich in menthol.
- Rinse mouth with mouthwash.
- Make sure that when brushing, use only those toothbrushes that has soft bristles. When you need to clean the sore, place a swab of cotton on a stick and gently press against the sore.
- Make sure that your mouth is properly hydrated. Hydration will keep the mouth clean and eliminate some of the bacterium that may inhabit there. Reduction in the population of bacterium will reduce the chances of having mouth sores and blisters.
- Apply milk of magnesia. This agent is very effective in treating mouth sores and blisters. However, before using it, seek first the permission of your doctor. When preparing, apply the solution on a container and leave for a few minutes until the contents are separated. Pour off the liquid and apply the pasty substance left at the bottom of the container directly on the sore or blisters. After application, leave the paste on the blisters for up to 20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.