Penis size is a very widely discussed topic. In the relaxed or flaccid position, penile size could vary between 2 inches and 4 inches or even more. This really depends a lot on genetic factors. Exercises, medication or surgery to increase penis size have been talked about for ages. But there is no scientific proof that any of these measures have really helped the cause.
While the size of the penis hardly ever an issue for reproductive purposes, people seem to be very stressed about the size, especially if they think that their penis size is not long enough. Size of the penis does not determine the amount and quality of semen that is produced. Penis size and its relation to sexual satisfaction and pleasure is one of the biggest myths ever.
Average Length Of the Penis in the Flaccid and Erect Position
Average penile length of an adult human male ranges from 2 inches to 4 inches (in flaccid position) and 6.5 inches (+/- 1.2 inches) in the erect position. Again, penis length in flaccid state also changes based on the situation. For example, the length of your penis may be smaller soon after swimming or even after you finish working out. In cold weather also, the penile length would be smaller than normal. Another misconception about penile length is that taller males tend to have a longer penis. This is not true. Researchers have found that people who are taller need not necessarily have longer penis.
A research with women has shown that they are typically wary of a long penis. A number of women prefer a penis that is broader as opposed to longer. The breadth at the base of the penis would stretch the vagina walls a bit more. That gives women enhanced sexual pleasure.
The depth of a woman’s vagina is typically 3 inches. In the excited state is extends to about 4 inches. So any man with 4 inches of more of erect penis will be able completely fill up the vagina and enjoy fulfilled sex. The vagina has the tremendous ability of extending twice or thrice to accommodate an extraordinarily large penis of, say 8 inches. In short, unless in the very rare case where you have penis that is less than 4 inches, you need not worry about the size of your penis.
Nevertheless, people will still try and do whatever it takes to get some extensions. There are surgical methods that claim to have helped. Unless you are desperate, there is no reason to go under the knife for something that will not make a world of difference to your life. People have claimed there are various stretching exercises and natural remedies that have helped enhance penile size. Let us take a look at some of them:
Tips to Increase Penis Size
- The Power Stretch Technique involves squeezing and pulling the penis on regular basis. Here are the steps:
- Get to a “semi erect” point. Sit down with your back also erect. Place your left hand around the base.
- Ensure your penis is fully lubricated.
- Breathe in deeply as you start stretching your penis. Start with your right hand at the base and squeeze it slightly before moving your hand up towards the head.
- Don’t rush the stroke as it should last for between 3-5 seconds. Repeat this process as long as is comfortable.The key to performing this correctly is to always ensure that there is a warm up and a cool down with a warm towel.
- Just as with any other workout program or any other method of creating muscle bulk, some regularity and consistency is required. Also, as the penis is such a sensitive and delicate area, it is absolutely critical that you are very careful when performing any penis enlargement technique. Exercising incorrectly could cause permanent and embarrassing damage.
- Another method that works is by flexing your PC muscle which is the muscle that controls the flow of urine. To perform this penis exercise simply stop urinating during the flow. This technique may be particularly comfortable, but it does work and is also a great way of improving any premature ejaculation problems that may occur every now and then.
- There is no specific diet which increase the penis size. Healthy nutritious diet can be useful generally to build the vitality of your body. Exercise will help by increase blood circulation to the penile muscles. Watermelon is said to be useful. It increases blood flow to penis & and keeps it healthy.
- If you want to seek medical advice you may start by visiting urology clinics, sexual medicine clinics or genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics.
- Some clinics would offer patches and pills for penile elongation, but these are more or less ineffective.
- Another option is surgery, which could be dangerous at times and have not proven to be very effective, yet. The surgery to your penis may lead to complications like bleeding, infections and deformity. It could lead to permanent damage too.
- Some people prefer to add bulk to the penis through surgery. In this methods, doctors inject fat from some other part of your body into your penis to make if thicker. This procedure also is known to have unpleasant side effects.
- These days, penis stretcher or penis extenders are available. These are small devices that can be attached around your penis for about an hour a day. Some doctors claimed they saw an increase of about 1 cm after a regular use of the penis stretcher for 3 months.
There are a number of so called “unproven options” to gain penis length. Unless your penis size is extremely small in the erect state, say less than 4 inches, there is really no need to go through the trouble of trying to increase your penis size either surgically or naturally.
Causes of Erection Problems
- Age: Older people will have lesser erection.
- Use of tobacco decreases the erection.
- Sometimes, the anatomical anomaly like lesser blood supply to the penile muscle can cause low libido.
- One exercise to strengthen and enhance the quality of erection is to check the flow of urine when urinating. Stop for a few seconds and then start again. This has to be done 2 to 3 times in a day.
In some people the penis is curved to the left side. It is natural for the penis to turn towards the left. The anatomical position of the left testes is little lower compared to the right testes. They are at two different levels and this is normal.
A certain degree of curvature of penis is considered normal. The other cause for a curved penis could be: Peyronie’s Disease. It is a connective tissue disorder involving the growth of fibrous plaques in the soft tissue of penis. Erection is painful in this condition. You must talk to an urologist to treat this condition.