What you’re suffering from is an irritable bowel syndrome. This a very common disorder nowadays, more because of the hectic lifestyle and stressful living conditions. Irregular dietary habits, frequently eating out, chronic constipation and the constant use of laxatives to manage the constipation and dependence on supplements and health drinks all result in affecting the digestion adversely.
The symptoms are – occasional diarrhea, occasional constipation, gas formation and bloating, acidity and pain and discomfort in the stomach. Errors and indiscretions in diet are the sole cause. Hence restructuring the diet is of utmost importance.
Natural Remedies For Irritable Bowel Syndrome & Constipation
- Dry fig is the most important remedy. Soak 5 figs overnight and consume them the next morning. Continue for 3 months. Figs improve peristalsis/ abdominal motility, and thereby pep up digestion. They improve bowel movement and regularize it. Pressure on the rectum is relieved and so the piles get cured.
- You must drink 10 to 12 glasses of water every day. Water is the best way to detoxify your system.
- Never strain for bowl movement.
- When you have diarrhea, avoid milk and its products till the time it subsides. Effective remedies during diarrhea are – carrot soup and buttermilk.
- Make lime and honey a part of your daily routine. They fight acidity and tone up the digestive tract.
- Dry ginger powder with honey brings quick relief from acidity.
- If you suffer from habitual constipation, you must check it. Water, soups, salads are the best way. They increase the fiber content of the diet and add bulk to stool and aid in easy elimination.
- A weekly cold hip bath is also ideal to tone up your digestion.
- Avoid processed foods, tinned and canned foods, pickles, soft drinks, and ready to eat foods.
- And lastly, you must prevent stress from affecting you. Stress is a part of life but tackling it effectively is essential.