Question: I have a problem with my stomach; it gets full and makes so much noise. I feel I have gas and I fart so much. I have a flatulence problem. It causes uncomfortable nights. Can you suggest some treatment for gas and flatulence?
Answer: Excessive flatulence is not an organic disease but a functional disorder. It occurs due to excessive air swallowing from the atmosphere and eating particularly high fiber legumes. On an average it is normal to pass flatus 10 to 20 times a day.
Gas in stomach is also caused by errors and indiscretions in the diet.
Natural Remedies For Flatulence And Bloating
- Space out your meals properly.
- Have small, frequent meals, every 2 to 3 hours. Avoid having just 2 heavy meals a day. It affects the digestion adversely.
- Never stay hungry for long periods of time.
- In case of excessive bloating and gas formation, have one spoon of carom seeds before and after meals.
- Make lime and honey a part of your daily regimen.
- Juice of 1/2 a lime, with a spoon of honey in warm water an hour after your lunch or dinner keeps stomach complaints away.
- Drink 2 – 2 1/2 liters of water everyday. It improves bowel movement and throws out toxins from the body.
- Never hurry through a meal.
- Do not overeat.
- Go slow with tea and coffee.
- Stay away from cigarettes and alcohol.
These are some basic guidelines I would recommend to you, which will not only help reduce your gaseous distention and pep up your digestion.
Provide information about your age, occupation or routine activities, eating habits, etc so that I can help you with specific advice.